Craftsman Printers Inc. is deeply rooted in going green.
We have always followed the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle philosophy in all our practices.
- We feature high-quality (FSC) Forest Stewardship Council certified papers at affordable prices.
- We actively recycle our paper waste, used plates, waste inks and solvents.
- We offset any remaining carbon footprints by investing in domestic energy alternatives such as wind energy, solar energy, and natural gas.
- We are committed to operating as a company that works to preserve the environment, wherever we conduct business or market our products and services.
- Our newest building was designed with high efficiency lighting, as well as heating and cooling systems that reduce energy usage.
- Our presses are equipped with the latest technology, for fast, efficient make-readies which minimize the waste of paper, ink and energy.
- Our Kodak NexPress 2100 Plus is the greenest digital press in the industry. The NexPress utilizes a dry ink that is approved for food contact and toy packaging and has no known irritants. Most press components are recycled as well.
- We use soy and vegetable based inks, aqueous coatings, and VOC free solvents.
- We greatly reduce our ink waste by using only stay open inks that will not dry out in the press, thus having to be discarded at the end of each day. Our inks go only on paper.
- 80% of the printing done by Craftsman is mailed, saving tremendous amounts of fuel which would be necessary for shipping to these customers across the United States.
We’ve been a one shift operation since the 1970’s, saving 2/3’s of the energy of our 3 shift competitors and allowing us to provide an executive level of supervision to every job in the plant at all times.